Watch this video as Chef Bala shows us how to make some delicious
Sutchi fillet in black sauce!
Don’t miss #Suvai5 Sundays at 9pm on #vasanthamTV and Toggle for more!
1. Drizzle 3 tablespoons of oil into the frying pan.
2. Deep fry ginger pieces until they are golden-brown and crispy
3. Keep aside fried ginger pieces for the last step of garnishing the fish
4. Fry a teaspoon of chopped ginger pieces.
5. Once it starts turning brown, add in 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
6. Add in 1 tablespoon of blended dried chilli mixture
7. Keep stir-frying for 3 minutes
8. Add 1 tablespoon of sweet soya sauce
9. Add a pinch of sugar
10. Add a pinch of salt
11. Add in 30ml of water. Continue to stir for another 3 mins.
12. Add in 2 finely chopped chilli padi.
14. Gently place 3 sutchi fillet pieces into the pan.
15. Add in finely chopped scallions.
16. Add in chopped spring onion pieces.
17. Drizzle the sauce onto the fillet pieces for flavour.
18. Cover the pan and let it cook for 6 minutes.
19. After 6 mins, add in remaining 1/2 cup of onions
20. Ensure that the sauce and the fillet pieces are well mixed.
21. Cover and let it cook for another 2 mins.
22. Plate and garnish with the fried ginger and chopped red chilli pieces.
23. Serve and enjoy